Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has partnered with Assurance Wireless to offer free cell phone service and a free cell phone to eligible DART riders who are currently enrolled in a qualifying federal or state assistance program. Participants can also receive a Discount GoPass® Tap Card, with a 50% discount on the regular price of a DART pass, when attending one of several upcoming events. For more information on free cell phone service, visit our website at DART.org/freesmartphone.
Free Cell Phone Service and a Free Smartphone
DART riders may qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) if they participate in:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Riders may qualify for Texas Lifeline if they participate in any of the three programs above, or in any of the following:
DART Discount GoPass® Tap Card
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP)
- DHA: Housing Solutions for North Texas
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
DART launched the Discount GoPass® Tap Card pilot-program to ensure riders who qualify have access to jobs, health care and educational opportunities, reducing social and economic inequalities by making mobility financially feasible to more people.
All new and current DART riders who participate in any of the following programs are now eligible for DART services at half the fare:
- CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program)
- TANF (Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- CEAP (Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Housing Choice Vouchers
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas Program
- Texas WIC (Texas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)
Online registration is available at DART.org/TapForHalf
. Discount Tap Cards can be used on any DART bus or light rail, including Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Station.Upcoming Free Phone Events
To establish eligibility, DART riders should bring proof of participation in qualifying programs (supporting documentation) to the event. Documentation must include your full name and address and be dated to show your current participation.
For more information and to see if you qualify, please visit our website at DART.org/freesmartphone
- Monday, September 12, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
MLK, Jr. Station
(1412 S. Trunk Avenue, Dallas, TX 75210)
- Wednesday, September 14, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
(2646 S. Westmoreland Road, Dallas, TX 75211)
- Tuesday, September 20, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
North Carrolton/Frankford Station
(1717 W. Frankford Road, Carrollton, TX 75007)
- Thursday, September 22, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
(1300 E. President George Bush Hwy., Richardson, TX 75082)
- Tuesday, November 8, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
(8008 Elam Road., Dallas, TX 75217)
- Thursday, November 10, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station
(201 Rock Island Road, Irving, TX 75060)
- Monday, November 14, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Bernal/Singleton Transfer Location
(5151 Singleton Blvd., Dallas, TX 75212)
- Wednesday, November 16, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Parker Road Station
(2600 Archerwood Street, Plano, TX 75074)
- Friday, November 18, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Glenn Heights Park & Ride
(1200 E. Bear Creek Road, Glenn Heights, TX 75154)
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
is a government program that reduces the customer's broadband internet access service bill. One discount per eligible household and is non-transferable across households. An eligible household may obtain ACP-supported broadband service from any participating provider of its choosing and may apply ACP benefit to any broadband service offering of the participating provider at the same terms available to households that are not eligible for ACP-supported service. ACP service provider may disconnect the households ACP-supported service after 90 consecutive days of non-payment; the household will be subject to the provider's undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions if the program ends, if the consumer transfers their benefit to another provider but continues to receive service from the current provider, or upon de-enrollment from ACP. A household may file a complaint against its provider via the FCC's Consumer Complaint Center, https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov
; visit AffordableConnectivity.gov
for more information on ACP. Coverage is not available everywhere. Assurance Wireless reserves the right to change or cancel offer at any time. Prohibited network use rules & other restrictions apply. By activating your device and service, you agree to the Assurance Wireless Terms and Conditions. See full terms (including arbitration provision) and details at assurancewireless.com
. Assurance Wireless is a registered trademark of Assurance Wireless USA, L.P.