Young artists in grades K-12, the deadline to submit entries for the 2022 DART Student Art Contest is quickly approaching. Don’t miss out on your chance to show us your talent! Contestants compete to earn a spot for their design on DART buses and trains, plus cash and other prizes.
This year's contest theme is "DART's New Bus Network: Simpler. Better. Faster. Easier!", in honor of DART's recently redesigned bus network that better connects your community and changes the way you move.
The final deadline to submit entries is this Friday, April 8, by 5 p.m.
As you prepare your art submissions, remember these 10 contest rules:
10 Contest Rules to Remember:
- Each poster must visually illustrate the theme "DART's New Bus Network: Simpler. Better. Faster. Easier!"
- Limit one entry per student. Designs must be original work created by the student. No group entries allowed.
- Students may use multiple colors or black and white. Entries must measure 11” high x 17” wide, and designs should be laid out horizontally. Mailed entries should be submitted on heavy paper such as poster, tag or illustration board.
- Media may include crayons, paint, markers, colored pencils, or digital art.
- Contestants should include the DART logo in any drawings of buses or trains.
- Students in all grade levels have the option of submitting their entries online. All digital entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 8, 2022, at DART.org/ArtContest.
- Make sure all lettering is legible, even if you use letters as design elements.
- All artwork becomes the property of DART and may be used for advertising, sales, or promotional purposes with appropriate credit to the artist. By entering the contest, you consent to have your name and photograph appear as one of the winners.
- DART will notify the teachers or parents of the winners no later than Friday, April 29, 2022, and all winners will be invited to a special recognition program and reception on Saturday, May 14, at the Dallas Museum of Art.
- Complete and include an entry form (click here to download the entry form in PDF format) on the entry that you mail or personally deliver to avoid disqualification. Tape or glue the completed form to the back of your artwork. Make sure your entry arrives no later than 5 p.m. Friday, April 8, 2022, and direct it to:
|By U.S. mail (USPS) || ||By delivery service (FedEx, UPS, etc.) |
|DART Transit Education Program || ||DART Transit Education Program |
|2022 DART Student Art Contest || ||2022 DART Student Art Contest |
|Dallas Area Rapid Transit || ||Dallas Area Rapid Transit |
|P.O. Box 660163 || ||1401 Pacific Avenue |
|Dallas, TX 75266-0163 || ||Dallas, TX 75202 |
For more information on the 2022 DART Student Art Contest guidelines, visit DART.org/ArtContest. You may also contact the DART Transit Education team at [email protected] or call 214-749-3494.