This Saturday, Dec. 1, there’s no better way to get downtown for the Dallas Holiday Parade
than on DART for the magic that is the “Miracle on Commerce Street.”
Come see floats, giant balloons, marching bands, costumed characters, clowns, dancers, classic cars, Miss America, Mrs. Claus and of course, Santa Claus!
A Parade Festival will begin at 8:00 a.m. in both Main Street Garden and Belo Garden, both located between Main and Commerce streets. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. The festival will continue until noon.
You’ll jingle all the way when you ride DART to downtown Dallas. There’s plenty of room and level boarding on the center car of each train if you bring wagons or strollers. DART buses also have low-floor sections and ramps that extend to the curb, so they are easy to board, too! Plus, you’ll avoid the hassles of street closures and finding parking. Streets near the parade route will close between 6-7 a.m. – but the trains keep running! The parade route is a few blocks from several DART stations.
Buy your transit passes in advance on the free GoPass mobile app
, available for iPhone and Android. Just don’t activate your transit passes until Saturday morning!
Grab a seat on the open sidewalk for free. Or you can purchase reserved bleacher seating online
. Either way, get there early to get a great spot.
- D-Link Route 722 along Main Street
- Elm @ Akard and Elm @ Griffin bus stops are served by Routes: 2, 11, 12, 19, 21, 24, 31, 35, 36, 39, 60, 63, 76, 81, 82, 110, 111, 155, 164
Please be aware of the following street closures on Saturday, December 1, due to the Dallas Holiday Parade:
- Akard from Main to Commerce starting at 7 p.m. (Friday, Nov. 30)
- Commerce from Field to Akard 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Commerce from Houston to Harwood 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Houston south of Main Street 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Record, Market, and Jackson between Houston and Lamar 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Marilla from Young to Akard 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hotel Street from Reunion to Market 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Young and Harwood near City Hall 9 a.m. to noon
- Akard from Young to Canton 11 a.m. to noon