DART’s top priority is safety. To ensure a safe trip on the DART System, be “rail smart” and follow these tips.
- Stop, look, and listen for DART vehicles.
- Cross the street or track only at the designated crosswalks at either end of the platform – and never try to beat a train.
- Do not use the center crosswalks. Over the coming weeks, DART will be removing these crosswalks, as they pose a safety hazard.
- Do not text, talk, or game on your mobile device while walking.
- Never walk, ride, or play on or near railroad tracks.
- Always stand behind the white bumpy strips on rail platforms.
- Be careful when driving or turning across a train track.
- Never try to beat a train when driving or walking through a crossing.
- Don’t text, talk, or game on your mobile device while driving.
- Remember: Safety begins with you!
The holidays are a time for joy and celebration. As you use the DART System to get to shopping, holiday events, and gatherings with family and friends, use these tips to get to your destination safely!