K-12 students, don’t let the deadline to submit entries for the 2020 DART Student Art Contest pass you by. As you prepare your submissions, remember these 10 rules:
- Illustrate the theme “Paint the town _____. Ride DART.”
- Include the DART logo on any drawings of buses or trains.
- Limit one entry per student with original work. No group entries allowed.
- You can use multiple colors or black and white. Entries must measure 11" high x 17" wide, and you must lay out the design horizontally. Mail or hand deliver your entry on heavy paper, such as poster, tag or illustration board.
- DART will distribute 11" x 17" paper to teachers or parents whose students or children participate in the contest.
- Your media can include crayons, paint, markers, colored pencils and digital art.
- Make sure all lettering is legible, even if you use letters as design elements.
- Spelled all words correctly.
- If you’re a high school student, you have the option to submit your entry online. You must submit your digital entry by 11:59 p.m. Friday, February 28, 2020 at DART.org/ArtContest.
- Complete and include an entry form (click here to download the entry form in PDF format) on the entry that you mail or personally deliver to avoid disqualification. Affix the completed form to the back of your artwork. Make sure your entry arrives no later than 5 p.m. Friday, February 28, 2020, and direct it to:
Jessica D. Lennon
DART's Transit Education Program
2020 Student Art Contest
Dallas Area Rapid Transit
1401 Pacific Ave.
P.O. Box 660163
Dallas, TX 75266-0163
For more information on the 2020 DART Student Art Contest guidelines, visit https://www.dart.org/transiteducation/posters2020.asp.