When will fare changes go into effect?
Most fare changes will go into effect August 18, 2018
. Day pass vouchers purchased by social agencies and government entities will go into effect November 2018
. Corporate program fare changes will go into effect January 2019
and Paratransit fare changes will go into effect March 2019
What fare changes will be taking place?
- The Single Ride Pass will be restored on BUSES ONLY as a cash-only fare of $2.50.
- Midday Pass extends to weekends and increases to $2.
- High School reduced fare extends to weekends. Students must have a valid DART Service Area high school ID with them.
- The new A.M. and P.M. Passes replace the current two-hour pass, and they provide value for people who need to travel for more than two hours, but don't need a Day Pass.
- A pass purchased or activated prior to noon will be known as an A.M. Pass and will be valid for unlimited trips on all bus and rail modes from the start of service until noon. A pass purchased or activated after 12 p.m. will be known as a P.M. Pass, which is good from noon until end of service.
- The A.M. Pass and P.M. Pass will cost $3 each, and together cost the same as a Day Pass, but will benefit customers who only need to travel during one half of the day, or who may leave in the afternoon and return home the next morning.
- The Day Pass will increase to $6.
- The Regional Day Pass will increase to $12.
- A Paratransit single trip will increase to $3.50.
Find more answers to your fare change questions at: dart.org/fares/2018farerestructure
Also, follow us on Twitter at @dartmedia
and join us at noon Friday, Aug. 17, for our Twitter Town Hall. We’ll be talking fare change, fare capping, GoPass and more! In the meantime, you can email questions to [email protected]