Dallas Area Rapid Transit encourages commuters to grab their bike and ride to work as part of national Bike to Work Day, May 15. On your way to the office, stop by one of several energizer stations set up by DART, where volunteers are eager to provide information from local area bike shop partners, free bike tune-ups, treats, promotional items and tips on safety from 7 to 9:30 a.m.
Energizer stations will be set up at eight locations, including DART's:
• Parker Road Station, 2600 Archerwood St. in Plano
• Downtown Garland Station, 430 W. Walnut St.
• St. Paul Station on Bryan Ave in downtown Dallas
• Arapaho Center Station, 1051 N. Greenville Ave. in Richardson
• Trinity Mills Station, 2525 Blanton Dr. in Carrollton
• Addison Transit Center, 4925 Arapaho Rd.
• Trinity Railway Express' (TRE) Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station, 201 Rock Island Rd.
• Dallas Streetcar's Oakenwald stop, 1501 N. Zang Blvd
Combining transit and your bike to help you get to work is good for the environment, good for your health, and makes more sense than ever considering DART's more than 12,000 bus stops, 90 miles of light rail, 34 miles of commuter rail and 1.6 miles of streetcar connections. Bicycles are permitted on any DART vehicle, TRE train or Dallas streetcar. Visit DART.org or call 214-979-1111 for more information.