YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
You still have time to register
for the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot
, which takes place Nov. 28 from 9 a.m. to noon in downtown Dallas. Don’t miss your chance to get fit this Thanksgiving and DART to one of the largest multi-event races in the country.
No matter your pace, the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot offers activities to suit your fitness level with an 8-mile run, a 5K run/walk and a 1K Junior Trot for kids between 6 and 11 years old. Bring the whole family and enjoy vendor booths, face paintings, bounce houses and balloon artists.
Remember the following key points to make your trip to the Turkey Trot a breeze:
- The 5k run/walk and 8-mile run begin at 9 a.m. from Dallas City Hall Plaza. The Plaza opens at 7 a.m.
- The 1K Junior Trot Tort begins at 8:45 a.m. There is a reduced fee for a Tot Trot add-on for children under 6 years of age.
- Don’t stress about parking downtown and Ride DART to the race. Ride the Blue, Green, Orange or Red Line to Akard Station and City Hall Plaza is a short walk from there.
- Use DART’s GoPass app to buy your transit passes in advance, but don’t activate your pass until the day you attend the Turkey Trot. Download the app for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- All proceeds from the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot benefit the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas, which provides more than $300,000 in after school programs and scholarships.
Learn more about the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot at ymcadallas.org/turkeytrot