On select voting days during the 2021 general election, voters can ride free on Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA), and Trinity Metro to cast their ballot. Below is more information for each North Texas public transit agency's Election 2021 free ride promotion:
DART Election 2021 Free Ride Promotion
DART is providing FREE transportation to voting locations on Election Day, Nov. 2, 2021. Voters can ride at no charge on all DART bus, light rail, Dallas Streetcar, GoLink and Paratransit service, and on the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Airport Station.
Free DART service will be available all day to help you get to your polling location. No proof of voter registration is required to ride free on Nov. 2. GoLink riders can use the promo code "VOTE21" at checkout for a complimentary Adult Local Day Pass in the GoPass app on Nov. 2.
Customers who need customized trip planning can map out their ride with the "Plan" tool in the free GoPass app or use the Trip Planner on DART.org. DART Customer Service is also available at 214-979-1111 to answer questions and provide trip planning information.
If you plan your trip directly in Google Maps, enter the voting location as your destination and choose the Transit option (train icon) to get travel directions using DART.
For more information on riding DART to vote go to www.DART.org/Vote.
DCTA Election 2021 Free Ride Promotion
On Tuesday, November 2, voters can ride Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) free to cast their ballot. No proof of voter registration or destination is required to ride DCTA free on this day.
The promotion is valid on the following DCTA services:
- A-train commuter rail
- Connect Bus system (Denton and Lewisville)
- University of North Texas (UNT) Campus Shuttles
- Lewisville Lakeway On-Demand
- Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC) Evening On-Demand
Denton County voters can locate their polling places and check their registration status at votedenton.com
or by using the Denton County interactive map
. Election Day voting is from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Planning Your Free Trip to the Polls
As a reminder, don't forget to check our A-train
and Connect Bus
schedules when planning your trip. Passengers can use our Transit Tracker system
to find and track their ride via the mobile app, online, text or calling our customer service team at 940-243-0077. For trip planning needs, passengers can utilize our Trip Planner at RideDCTA.net
.Trinity Metro Election 2021 Free Ride Promotion
Thanks to a partnership with Tarrant County, Trinity Metro riders can show their voter registration card or current Texas ID and ride for free during early voting Oct. 18-29, and on Election Day, Nov. 2. For ZIPZONE riders, free rides will be determined by the pickups or destinations proximity to a voting location. The transit services included in the program are:
The Tarrant County Commissioners Court approved a partnership with transportation services in Tarrant County to pay for customer trips to voting locations. This is not the first time the county has teamed up with transportation providers to offer free rides to the polls. During the November 2020 election, more than 5,800 free trips to voting locations were provided through this program. Tarrant County has multiple locations for early voting
and a list of locations for Election Day
For questions or to schedule a ride:
How Voters Can Stay Safe When Riding Public Transit
- Trinity Metro (bus, rail, ACCESS, and ZIPZONE) 817-215-8600
- Northeast Transportation Service (NETS) 817-336-8714
- Tarrant County Transportation Service (TCTS) 817-336-8714
- Arlington Via 817-784-7382
- Arlington Handitran 817-459-5390
All three public transit agencies recommend that riders vote early to avoid crowds. In addition, below are more tips voters who ride DART, DCTA and Trinity Metro should keep in mind to keep themselves and others safe this election season:
- Wear a face mask while riding and while at the voting location.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you and use it before and after your visit to the voting location, and especially after you use the voting machine. DART has hand sanitizer dispensers on board its buses and trains.
- Bring your own sanitized pen to sign any forms.
- Wash your hands with soap and water as soon as you can after leaving the voting location.
- Consider voting early so you can avoid crowds and practice social distancing.
- Stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19.