Excited about the Thanksgiving holiday? So are we! Join us as we celebrate the three things DART is thankful for this season.
- More Transportation Choices
DART is thankful for the variety of transportation options available to North Texans, whether you’re riding a bus, train, streetcar, bike, or even driving your car. We’re also excited about new transit options coming to North Texas:
- Construction begins next year on the Cotton Belt, bringing additional rail services to North Texas and making it easier for residents and visitors to get around.
- The D2 Subway will open in 2024, transforming downtown Dallas with two light rail lines, three new subway stations, and one new ground-level station.
- More Investment in Our Communities
DART is also thankful for the $10.8 billion in economic stimulus, $7.1 billion in economic impact and $230 million in tax revenue that Transit Oriented Development
will bring to North Texas. What does this mean for you? Transformational investment in local communities, and more funding for:
- Schools, emergency services, health care programs and other community services
- Cultural and arts programs
- Neighborhood revitalizations and infrastructure developments
- Community Partnerships
Community partnerships are another thing DART is thankful for. We’re proud to be involved in these programs that give back to the communities of North Texas:
- DART partners with Union Gospel Mission each year to host the Friendly Food Fight. This annual food drive has collected more than 230 tons of food and raised over $90,000 for the community since 1996, as part of DART’s efforts to help wipe out hunger in North Texas.
- DART also hosts the annual DART “Stuff a Bus” event, which supports North Texans by providing socks and blankets to area nursing facilities, as well as unwrapped toys and canned food for needy North Texas children and families.
- DART Police volunteer each year in the Santa Cops program, which provides meals and toys to needy families during the holiday season. DART police officers donate money and solicit contributions from local organizations to assist hundreds of needy families.
Did we say three things? We have to add a fourth: we’re thankful to be part of North Texas and have the opportunity to serve this wonderful region
. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones! Stay tuned to DART Daily
through the holidays and beyond, as we keep you up to date on all things DART!