Ride DART to the 2023 State Fair of Texas from Sept. 29 through Oct. 22, 2023. DART is celebrating its 40th year in 2023 – four decades of connecting you to deep-fried fun! Riding DART means more time enjoying the fair and less time getting there. From pig races, fried food, and Creative Arts entries to concerts, football games, and Midway action, the State Fair has something for everyone.
Save on Fair admission with GoPass®!
Best of all, DART takes you straight to the gate – and straight to the savings! Using the promo code provided by the GoPass app, receive $5 off fair admission Monday-Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays, you’ll save $7! To enjoy this special pricing, simply enter the promo code 23DART when purchasing your fair admission on the State Fair’s website. All aboard for savings!
Making your trip to the State Fair a snap.DART makes it easy and affordable to enjoy your day at the fair. Just ride the DART Rail Green Line to Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, or MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Also, you can park for FREE at any of DART’s Park & Ride stations. Find your most convenient parking options here.
If you’re riding DART Rail or the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) to downtown Dallas, you can transfer easily to Green Line. From downtown Dallas, board Green Line trains marked “BUCKNER,” “LAWNVIEW,” or “FAIR PARK”:
- Southbound Red, Blue, and Orange Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Pearl/Arts District Station.
- Northbound Red and Blue Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Akard Station.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station.
- Extra Green Line trains will run a loop between downtown Dallas and Fair Park approximately every 10 minutes from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Every day during the fair’s 24-day run, all Orange Line trains will offer extended service to Parker Road Station.
- All rail lines will operate on a 20-minute frequency until 10 p.m. daily.
- Note: For the OU-Texas game on Saturday, October 7, DART will operate a modified rail schedule. Visit DART’s Red River Rivalry page for complete details.
View DART Rail schedules effective Monday, September 26 through Sunday, October 23.
- TRE passengers transfer to the Green Line at Victory Station.
- Departure times of the last TRE train to Fort Worth:
- Monday-Thursday: 10:24 p.m. from EBJ Union Station and 10:33 p.m. from Victory Station (Last Green Line train to connect to the last TRE train from Victory Station Monday through Thursday is 9:48 p.m. from MLK, Jr. Station and 9:51 p.m. from Fair Park Station.)
- Friday: Midnight from EBJ Union Station and 12:05 a.m. from Victory Station (Last Green Line train to connect to the last TRE train from Victory Station Fridays is 11:18 p.m. from MLK, Jr. Station and 11:21 p.m. from Fair Park Station.)
- Saturdays and Sundays during the fair: 11:30 p.m. from EBJ Union Station and 11:35 p.m. from Victory Station. (Last Green Line train to connect to the last TRE train from Victory Station on weekends is 10:48 p.m. from MLK, Jr. Station and 10:51 p.m. from Fair Park Station.)
- View TRE schedules by clicking here.
- Customers using the Denton County Transportation Authority should check DCTA.net for departure and arrival times to connect at Trinity Mills Station to DART's Green Line.
- Every day, bus routes 23 and 214 serve Fair Park Station. Bus routes 13, 23, 104, and 216 serve MLK, Jr. Station. GoLink South Dallas serves the Fair Park area, including the Fair Park and MLK, Jr. stations.
Stay on the move with contactless payments!
DART offers four great contactless options that make buying your pass fast, safe, and convenient:
- GoPass® app: Download the latest version of the app for free from the App Store or Google Play. Just be sure to activate your DART pass before you board.
- GoPass® Tap: Available at 7-Eleven and hundreds of participating retailers, GoPass Tap is the reloadable transit card that automatically gives you the best fare every time you ride. Simply tap your card to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus prior to boarding, and your fare is deducted automatically.
- Credit or debit card: Buy your DART pass with any contactless credit or debit card. Just tap your contactless card to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus prior to boarding -- and you're on your way to all the fun of the fair!
- Mobile device: Using your preferred mobile payment app -- such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay -- simply tap your mobile device to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus to buy your pass.
DART makes it easier to keep up with transit information with My DART Updates. Register to receive important updates that make for a better riding experience. Subscribe at DART.org/rideralerts and select "DART State Fair Service Information."
DART to the Games
Ride DART to the State Fair Classic between the Grambling State Tigers and Prairie View A&M Panthers on Saturday, Sept. 30. The AT&T Red River Showdown game between the University of Texas Longhorns and the University of Oklahoma Sooners is on Saturday, Oct. 7.
State Fair details are available at DART.org/StateFair or by calling DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111.