What are things I can do to stay safe while riding DART’s buses and trains?
DART will continue to do its part to provide a safe commute for North Texans. Following are basic safety guidelines you can practice when riding DART.
- Limit touching frequently touched surfaces such as ticket vending machines. Read the July 24 Ask DART article to learn more about contactless payment options.
- Wear a mask when you board a DART bus or train – it’s for your safety and others. Read more on this topic in the “Ask DART: Masks on Vehicles” article.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Learn more at DART.org/health.
- Practice hand hygiene. When you arrive at your destination, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not available. Read this Ask DART article to learn more about mask and sanitizer dispensers on DART vehicles.
- During travel, try to keep at least 6 feet from people who are not in your household. Read the “Ask DART: Bus and Rail Capacity” article to learn more about how DART is limiting capacity on its buses and trains to enable our customers to practice social distancing.
- Perhaps most importantly, if you are sick, stay at home and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them
As DART helps get the region moving again, the agency is taking additional steps to make travel as safe as possible. Visit DART.org/Ask to learn more.